People will still die because the UK Met Office has proven incapable of forecasting weather despite millions they collect for this purpose. In 2010 a UK resort cancelled the Met Office service for continuous inaccuracy..."Needless to say, the head of the Met Office is not even a weatherman. He’s a leading ‘climate change activist’ ."...
- photo, 11/26/10, BBC, car overturned in snow storm being towed
- 7/30/09, "As millions of Britons holiday at home after that promise of a 'barbecue summer', how did the Met Office get it so wrong?" UK Daily Mail
The UK Met Office itself said on 11/26/10 that the world had been
- cooling for 10 years
- but said this was proof of global warming:
In the same article it said: "Ahead of the latest UN talks on climate change in Mexico, the Met Office analyses long- and short-term trends in climate and reveals that
- the evidence for man-made warming has grown even stronger in the last year."...
10/31/11, "Cold snap alert plan 'will save lives'," BBC, Triggle
"Winter weather alerts aimed at helping vulnerable people during cold snaps are to be introduced in England.
Agencies such as the NHS and social services will get the Met Office alerts and will then have to take action to ensure people are safe in their homes.
An estimated 27,000 extra people die every winter - a fifth more than during the summer.
Extra cash is also being used to help people keep homes warm, but some question whether this will be enough.
Instead, they have called on the government to do more to tackle
- the underlying problem -
- the rising cost of energy.
England has a much higher death rate during winter than many colder countries,
- such as Sweden....
A new fund, worth £20m, is also being set up to encourage councils and charities to come up with new ways of helping the most vulnerable.
The cold weather plan has been drawn up in partnership with the Met Office and Health Protection Agency.
Under the new arrangements, the Met will issue alerts depending on the severity of the conditions. In total,
- there will be four alerts,
- each of which will ask local agencies,
- including NHS trusts and councils, to carry out certain duties.
For example, at level three, which would have been reached last winter, health and social care staff should consider daily visits to the most vulnerable.
In previous years it has been up to local areas to decide how to react to cold snaps....
A minimum of 21C is being recommended during the day and 16C at night,
- as below that the risk of heart problems,
- strokes and respiratory illness increases....
And chief medical officer Prof Dame Sally Davies added: "Keeping our homes warm is important - but it's not necessary to heat the whole house.
"We just need to keep the main rooms we occupy - such as the living room and bedroom - warm. Warm clothing and hot drinks should help prevent our most vulnerable people falling ill this winter."
But Mervyn Kohler, a special adviser for Age UK and member of the government's fuel poverty advisory group, said while it was pleasing the NHS was now recognising the problem, much more needed to be done.
"The extra resources being put in is not enough. We also have to do more to tackle the big problem everyone is facing, the rising cost of energy bills. We need action across government if this is to be achieved.""
---------------12/28/10, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," UK Daily Mail, Richard Littlejohn
- The real reason the UK was so ill-prepared for Arctic weather.
- about ‘man-made global warming’.
- the winters of 2008 and 2009 were ferociously cold,
- they were dismissed as ‘random events’.
- The Met Office put the odds on a third harsh winter no higher than 20-1.
- This, of course, was the same Met Office which
- predicted a ‘barbecue summer’ shortly before Britain was hit by gales and widespread flooding.
- £200million a year.
- Back in 2000, the CRU’s Dr David Viner told The Independent that winter
- snowfalls would soon be a thing of the past.
- the warmists will never admit it. They simply
- move the goalposts —
- which is how global warming morphed into ‘climate change’.
- The climate change lobby is a curious mix of cultists and cynical opportunists."...
UN and Europe promote legal means to expedite transfer of the environment
- from seniors to young people.
above photo of flooded campers, North Side News 2009, Daily Mail